Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

New Year - New Start

After last Friday's workout, I ended up with a lower back pain that stopped me from doing any more workouts. It's not the first time, but it made me realize I need to work more on form and posture than finishing the workouts.

So, I decided to hire a Personal Fitness Trainer to help me get started on my journey.

This is what I asked for:

I am looking to get some help setting up a fitness routine for myself. I would like to have a work-out plan to do 3x a week that includes strength training. I do alot of walking (about 1hr each day) so am looking for other exercises to build my core and strength in my back, arms and legs AND lose weight!! Preferably things I can do at home with a mat and hand weights - nothing too fancy.
I really need to learn the correct posture for the exercises, so for the first couple of weeks maybe we can work together and you can show me the right form. Seems every time I set out to do exercises on my own, I injure my neck or lower back. I think once I have a good set of exercises to do on a regular basis, and am doing them correctly, I should be good to proceed on my own. Maybe have a followup session with you once every couple of months (or something like that).
Here's my stats:
age 56
weight 210 lbs
height 5'5"

This Saturday, we meet at 10am at a local gym in Brockville called Snap Fitness. My trainer is Patti Easter and she also teaches Aquafit at Tallships - which I attend on Thursday.

Looking forward to the initial assessment and having her prepare a suitable workout for me to do on my own.

Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment