Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Jan 8, 2018 - Day 1 of JM 30DS Level 1

It is now 2018. I am officially retired and loving it. However, with retirement comes a lapse of structure and a lessening of physical activity. Although I have been maintaining an almost daily walk, it is not the same as the daily movement involved when I was at work.

My typical week included the following forms of physical activity:
  • daily 1hour walk outside at a leisurely to mid-impact level
  • once a week Aquafit classes
  • trying to keep a 10,000 daily step total
 However, this is not enough activity to keep my weight down and following New Years' Eve, my weight was 211 lbs. This is the highest it has ever been. 

So......I have started the Jillian Michael 30 Day Shred DVD and yesterday I completed Day 1.

There are 3 levels to this - Level 1, Level 2 and (guess what) Level 3. I am starting at Level 1. Each level is done 10 times before moving on to the next level.

Jan 8, 2018  - Level 1 - Day 1

The daily routine consists of a 2 minute warmup, the 3 segments which include - 3minute strength, 2minute aerobic and 1minute abs - repeated 3 times with different exercises in each segment.

Exercises: First segment included push-ups which I cannot do at all. Just kind of did the movements.
Second and third segments I was able to do (in the easy mode). I used 3lb weights for these exercises.

Results: The following day my legs (quads) are SORE but in a good way. My shoulders/neck are also sore. I feel very pumped and positive about the workout.

Actions: I have to be very careful because last time I did an exercise pgm like this I hurt my neck and had to go to physio. So I will be adding in stretches afterwards to ensure my shoulders/neck stay healthy. I also realize that at my age and physical shape that I am better to skip 1 day between work-outs in order to allow my body to grow. There is no way I could have done another workout today! I would have hurt myself for sure. Maybe, as time progresses and I get stronger, I can do these workouts daily, but not yet.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds great! I love that you have identified a potential weakness and are taking measures to ensure you don’t do damage. I wish you the best in the new year. Xxx

    ReplyDelete